1. When and where will the clinic open?
The clinic is scheduled to open Monday, Sept. 12, 2011. Stay tuned for more communication via direct mail, the Intranet and Daily Huddles. It will be located at St. Mary’s Hospital, Medical Office Building South, 5875 Bremo Road, Suite 204, Richmond, Virginia 23226. To contact the clinic, call 804-977-8915, fax 804-288-1326 or email email@example.com.
2. What are the hours?
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Saturday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Sunday, 12 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Holiday hours may be adjusted.
3. Why is Bon Secours Richmond doing this?
The Good Health Clinic is a component of our overall wellness strategy to provide Good Help to those who are providing world-class services to our patients. At Bon Secours, we know that good help begins with healthy, productive employees. The on-site Good Health Clinic will provide employees and family members this same quality care with the convenience of walk-in and extended weekday and weekend hours.
4. What is the connection between the Good Health Clinic and Human Resource’s Wellness Department?
The Good Health Clinic and Employee Wellness complement each other in numerous ways. Employees who visit the Good Health Clinic will find it convenient to also visit with the Wellness staff and coaches.
Our Wellness Department offers comprehensive health services, such as free nutrition counseling, weight management self-care and tobacco cessation programs. The Employee Assistance Program integrates with Employee Wellness and offers free mental health counseling and stress management. Employee Wellness also provides an interactive online web portal, which serves as a resource and tool for individuals to manage their own health information, along with health and wellness challenges and fun activities to motivate behavior change.
5. Who can use the clinic?
The Good Health Clinic is available for all Bon Secours Virginia employees, Bon Secours Health System Inc. employees, volunteers and retirees, regardless of where they work or serve. This includes PRN employees. It will also serve employees’ immediate family members who reside at the same residence and/or are covered under the Bon Secours health insurance plan up to age 26. Children must be over the age of 2 to be seen in the clinic. The dependents or family of volunteers and retirees cannot use the clinic. For more information about who is eligible to use the clinic, contact the clinic at 804-977-8915.
6. When can I use the clinic?
The clinic is open seven days a week. You don’t need to be at work to use it. If you are at work, please coordinate with your supervisor before leaving your workstation.
7. Can the clinic become my Primary Care Physician?
The clinic is designed to supplement, but not replace, your relationship with your Primary Care Physician. It is an affiliate of the Bon Secours Medical Group, which offers world-class, board-certified physicians across Richmond and Hampton Roads. Employees needing to find a Primary Care Physician in Richmond are encouraged to call 804-359-WELL (9355); employees in Hampton Roads can call 757-215-APPT (2778).
Likewise, the Good Health Clinic does not replace the Emergency Department. If you are experiencing a situation that requires urgent attention, you should go to a Bon Secours Emergency Department.
8. What services does the clinic offer?
• Walk-in care for minor illness such as colds, cough, flu symptoms, headache, sore throat, minor infections, allergy symptoms, fever, and other relatively minor maladies
• Health screenings for blood pressure, cholesterol, body mass index, basic vital signs and glucose level
• Wellness programs for cardiovascular disease prevention, obesity, diabetes management, tobacco-use cessation, and stroke prevention
• Medication management advice
• Travel Clinic – immunizations for adults (will be offered in the future)
• Health coaching, counseling, education and support
• Physician, Specialist, and Employee Assistance Program referrals, when appropriate
• Prescriptions can be filled quickly and conveniently on site at the Good Health Pharmacy at St. Mary’s.
9. What is the co-pay?
For employees and their dependents on a Bon Secours health insurance plan, the co-pay is just $10. For other health plans, the normal office visit co-pay for that plan will apply. The co-pay for non-Bon Secours insurance plans may differ. Employees without health insurance will be enrolled and covered under the provisions of the Bon Secours Care Card. The clinic will accept your Bon Secours FSA card, personal check, credit card, debit card, or cash. Anyone with co-pay or insurance questions should call the clinic at 804-977-8915 for clarification.
10. Why aren’t there other locations for the clinic?
This pilot program is the first of five clinics planned across Bon Secours Virginia in the next two years. The next site is slated for Hampton Roads.
11. Will the clinic’s medical records tie in with MyChart and ConnectCare?
Yes. The clinic is an affiliate of the Bon Secours Medical Group and will tie their records with your MyChart account through ConnectCare. MyChart, personal health record, gives patients direct, secure and confidential access to their Electronic Medical Record (EMR). Employees and family members can sign up for a MyChart account at the Good Health Clinic or by visiting mybonsecours.com, which allows you to receive a personal access code whether or not you use the clinic.
12. How will prescriptions work?
You should use a participating pharmacy with your medical plan. Employees on the Bon Secours plan may use any pharmacy participating with Express Scripts, including the retail pharmacy at St. Mary’s. The clinic will help employees without health insurance to find options for getting prescriptions filled. A feasibility study is underway to evaluate the ability to add additional pharmacies at other Bon Secours facilities.
13. Can I apply to work in the clinic?
Clinic jobs openings will be posted on the website, just like all employment opportunities with Bon Secours Virginia.